-->

What's New

Yes, there is a reason why females crave chocolate.

Acute monthly cravings for chocolate amongst pre-menstrual women could be explained by chocolates rich magnesium content. Magnesium deficiency exacerbates pre-menstral tension. Before menstruation the hormone levels of progesterone are high. Progesterone promotes fat storage, preventing its use as fuel; elevated pre-menstrual levels of progesterone may cause a periodic craving for fatty foods. One study even reported that 91% of chocolate-cravings associated with the menstrual cycle occurred between ovulation and the start of menstruation. Chocolate cravings are admitted by 15% of men and around 40% of women.

Fyi- Cravings are usually most intense in the late afternoon and early evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com