-->

What's New

Chocolate Souffle

1 tlb Butter
1/3 cup sugar
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
3 large egg yolks at room temperature
6 large egg whites
Sweetened whipped cream



Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Generously butter souffle dish and sprinkle with sugar.

Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.

Remove bowl from heat and stir in yolks (mixture will stiffen).

Beat whites with a pinch of salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until they just hold soft peaks.

Add 1/3 cup sugar while continuing to beat at medium speed.
Beat at high speed until whites just hold stiff peaks.

Stir about 1 cup whites into chocolate mixture to lighten, then add mixture to remaining whites, folding gently but thoroughly.

Pour into souffle dish.
Bake in middle of oven for apprx 24 to 26 minutes
The souffle should appear puffed and crusted on top but still jiggly in center . Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com