-->

What's New

More Facts About Chocolate

The average 1.5- to 1.6-ounce milk chocolate bar has roughly 230 calories, with more than half of those coming from fat.

Chocolate gives us nutrients such as copper, an essential mineral in the prevention of anemia and, possibly, heart disease and cancer. Chocolate also contains magnesium, which plays a role in regulating blood pressure and building bones.

The caffeine in an ounce of milk chocolate is about 7 milligrams -- about the same amount contained in a cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Chocolate may rival foods like fruits and vegetables, red wine and tea as a source of heart-healthy antioxidants.

The average American eats 10-12 pounds (4.5 kg) of chocolate a year. The average Swiss eats 21 pounds a year.

The shelf life for chocolate is a year. It is best to store chocolate in cool dry areas 55-60 degrees F.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com