-->

What's New

dark chocolate a day helped lower blood pressure

According to German researchers - a nibble of dark chocolate a day helped lower blood pressure without packing on the pounds.

Just a 30-calorie bite of dark chocolate can lower blood pressure without weight gain or other side effects according to the study which appears in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Dark chocolate contains polyphenols - a group of chemical substances that are believed to carry health benefits. Researchers studied 44 adults aged 56 to 73 with hypertension but no other health problems between January 2005 and December 2006. Participants were randomly selected to receive a single, 30-calorie square of dark chocolate containing 30 mg of polyphenols or a 30-calorie square of white chocolate that had no polyphenols. After 18 weeks, the dark chocolate group experienced a three point drop in systolic blood pressure without changes in body weight, cholesterol or blood sugar.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com