-->

What's New

Chocolate Biscotti

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for shaping
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups sugar

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Sift together the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir in the almonds.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, yolks, and sugar.
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
  • Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Coat your hands with flour and shape each piece into a log about 12 inches long.
  • Place the logs on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
  • Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
  • Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
  • While the logs are still warm, cut them on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place cut-side down on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
  • Place on a rack and let cool completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com