-->

What's New

21 reasons why I love chocolate

  1. Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay.
  2. The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation.
  3. Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a mild mood elevator.
  4. The cocoa butter in chocolate contains oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated fat which may raise good cholesterol.
  5. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before meals may actually diminish appetite.
  6. The flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.
  7. Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.
  8. Mexican healers use chocolate to treat bronchitis and insect bites.
  9. Chocolate raises the serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in a sense of well-being.
  10. Decrease blood pressure
  11. Improve circulation
  12. Lower death rate from heart disease
  13. Improve function of endothelial cells that line the blood vessels
  14. Defend against destructive molecules called free radicals, which trigger cancer, heart disease and stroke
  15. Improve Digestion and stimulate kidneys
  16. Has been used to help treat patients with anemia, kidney stones and poor appetite
  17. Chocolate contains stearic acid, a neutral fat which doesn't raise bad cholesterol.
  18. Flavonoids also:
  19. help reduce platelet activation
  20. affect the relaxation capabilities of blood vessels
  21. positively affect the balance of certain hormone-like compounds called eicosanoids, which are thought to play a role in cardiovascular health.


Tea Drinkers Rave

3 comments:

CG March 1, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

What a great list! Now I have a new appreciation for chocolate...as if I needed a new reason to love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving some comment love!

Stacy Uncorked March 1, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Love your list! Chocolate is good for you... :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - I really appreciated it! I'm following you now... ;)

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Oh you are torturing me! I gave up sweets for lent!! haha. --Michelle

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com