-->

What's New

Are you addicted?

Scientists have noted that the pleasantness of eating chocolate are associated with increased blood flow in areas of the brain, particularly in the orbital frontal cortex and midbrain, that are also activated by addictive drugs such as cocaine.

Many food scientists have reported chocolate to be the single most craved food. Some researchers have even argued that chocolate is addictive. Although others say that it is not so. Substances present in chocolate which have been highlighted as potentially pharmacologically significant include serotonin, tryptophan, phenylethylamine, tyramine and cannabinoids.

So are you addicted to chocolate?

Do you need to eat chocolate at a certain time of the day, every day?
If you forget to, do you get tired or irritable?
What happens to you if you do not eat your chocolate?
Do you get a headache?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com