-->

What's New

Brief History of Chocolate

We all love chocolate but, did you know that chocolate is actually a general term used to describe a number of items made from the cacao bean? As we know it, the name “chocolate” is used to describe that sweet confection made from cacao with sugar added.

The term chocolate is used to describe a number of raw and processed foods that are produced from the seed of the tropical cacao tree. This seed is native to lowland tropical South America, The cacao seed has been cultivated for three millennial in Central America and Mexico, with its earliest documented use around 1100 BC.

The actual word "chocolate" comes from the Aztecs of Mexico, and is derived from the Nahuatl word xocolatl. Xxcolatlnis a combination of the words. Xocolli, means "bitter", and atl, which means "water". This is because the Aztecs associated chocolate with Xochiquetzal, the goddess of fertility.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com