-->

What's New

Pecan and Chocolate Chip Pie

1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust (from a 15-oz box of 2) or one prepared pie crust
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp stick butter, melted
11⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp salt
6 oz (11⁄2 cups) pecan halves, 1⁄2 cup chopped
Serve with: Kahlua Whipped Cream (recipe follows)Place oven rack in lowest part of oven. Preheat to 350°F. Fit crust into a 9-in. pie plate. Crimp or flute edges.Scatter chips evenly in crust. Whisk syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, salt and 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans in a large bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over chips. Arrange pecan halves on top. Cover crust edges with foil.Bake 50 minutes, or until crust and pecans are browned. 5. Cool completely on a wire rack. Kahlua Whipped Cream:
Beat 1⁄2 cup heavy (whipping) cream and 1 Tbsp until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com