-->

What's New

Chocolate Cravings

Studies have shown that chocolate is the single most craved food in the country.

Why are we craving it?
Some scientists believe that it is because of serotonin and endorphins. These are two of the better-understood neurotransmitters.

Serotonin is thought to help people feel calm and relaxed. It is believed that low levels of serotonin lead to craving for foods like chocolate because foods high in carbohydrates may help boost the amount of serotonin in the brain. A rise in serotonin levels leads to a feeling of well-being.
Additionally, some researchers believe that serotonin is related to premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and may explain premenstrual cravings for foods containing carbohydrates.

Endorphins are believed to be "feel good" neurotransmitters. In contrast to serotonin, endorphin levels appear to be affected by dietary fat. It has been suggested that eating fat-containing foods such as chocolate might increase endorphins. Endorphins can give us the confidence or feeling of confidence to get things done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com