-->

What's New

Chocolate Egg Nog

Ingredients

6 eggs

1/4 cup sugar


3 cups milk


6 ounces of chopped dark chocolate,


2/3 cup cold heavy cream


2 teaspoons vanilla extract


1 tablespoon freshly-ground nutmeg

1/2 cup Bourbon
Whipped cream and fresh-grated nutmeg for garnish (optional)


1. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a second medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.

3.Whisk in the milk, then pour the mixture into a saucepan.
4.
Heat the egg mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly and remove from the heat.
5.
Pour about ½ cup of the hot egg/milk mixture over the chocolate and pour the rest back into the bowl in which you whisked it in. Stir the cold cream into the egg/milk mixture in the bowl.
6.
Use a whisk. Start whisking in the center of the chocolate mixture. Add the rest of the egg/milk mixture.
7.
Whisk in the vanilla, nutmeg and Bourbon. Chill .

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com