-->

What's New

Kinds of Chocolate

Chocolate Liquor

Produced by grinding the cocoa bean center to a smooth, liquid state. This what makes unsweetened baking chocolate. The liquor and blocks contain roughly 53 percent cocoa butter.

Semi-sweet (Bittersweet) Chocolate


Chocolate liquor plus sweeteners and cocoa butter. Also known as dark chocolate, government standards say that it must contain at least 35 percent chocolate liquor.

Milk Chocolate


Cocoa butter, milk, sweeteners and flavorings plus chocolate liquor. All milk chocolate made in the U.S. contains at least 10 percent chocolate liquor and 12 percent whole milk.

Sweet Chocolate

Contains more sweeteners than semi-sweet chocolate and at least 15 percent chocolate liquor.

White Chocolate

White chocolate contains cocoa butter but no non-fat cocoa solids. It contains sugar, cocoa butter, milk solids and flavorings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com