-->

What's New

Chocolate Seder in Tme for Passover

PJStar is reporting;

PEORIA — Jewish Passover doesn’t begin until next Saturday, but several area women’s groups hosted a chocolate seder for families and children Sunday afternoon in Peoria.

“You can’t eat a lot of this food on Passover,” organizer and Jewish Sisterhood president Lynn Seitzman said. “When do you get to eat this much chocolate unabashedly”

The chocolate seder substituted the sweets for the traditional foods eaten during Passover seder, held during the first weekend of Passover. Throughout the meal, the dozen participants read blessings and sang songs while eating candy bars, dipping matzo into chocolate syrup and eating chocolate covered strawberries.

Passover seder is a ritual feast, in which specific foods are eaten that symbolize the Jewish people’s exodus from Egypt.


Gardeners Choice

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com