-->

What's New

U.K. sales of dark chocolate jumped

According to reports, U.K. sales of dark chocolate jumped 96 percent to 85 million pounds ($168.5 million) between 2005 and 2007. This jump is the result of health-conscious Britons switched from the milk-chocolate option .

Total sales increased 10 percent by value as consumers bought more expensive brands, compared with 1 percent growth in the two years before, according to market researcher Mintel . Sales may grow 5 percent this year, for a market of 2.23 billion pounds as well.

Although dark chocolate is still high in sugar, it is rich in antioxidants and is lower in fat than milk chocolate.Dark chocolate now has the reputation as being a healthier alternative to other chocolate and this has really struck a chord with Britain's chocoholics, according to the report.

Fyi, Sales of 'luxury' chocolate also soared in the same period, rising by 46 per cent from 2005 to 2007.

Is Elephant Poop the Largest Poop in the World?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com