-->

What's New

Albertsons' Chocolate 101

Use the highest-quality chocolate and cocoa you can buy. Good chocolate has a glossy sheen and a smooth taste. Here’s a quick primer on different varieties and their uses:

* Unsweetened (chocolate liquor): Made with about 50 percent cocoa butter, this is pure, unadulterated chocolate. Use it in cooking and baking, but don’t bother eating it straight.
* Bittersweet: Made by adding cocoa butter, sugar, and vanilla to chocolate liquor, bittersweet chocolate has a dark, rich taste. Use it in baking.
* Semisweet: This variety is made the same way as bittersweet, but with more sugar. A classic for chocolate chip cookies.
* Milk chocolate: Sweet and creamy, this chocolate is made with milk solids, which give it its light color. For some people, milk chocolate is a clear winner over dark.
* White chocolate: Because it’s made with cocoa butter and not chocolate liquor, white chocolate isn’t strictly chocolate. Use it in baking, but don’t expect a chocolatey taste—it’s sweet and mild.

2 comments:

Tiffany February 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Stopping by from SITS to say hi. Great chocolate definitions - thanks!

Lauren February 18, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

I'm from SITS and Entrecard.. Nice to meet you! :o)

I loooooove white chocolate, but never knew it was made from cocoa butter.

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com