-->

What's New

Great Chocolate Tips

Chocolate Recipe Substitution: When a recipe calls for chocolate, use dark chocolate (usually less sugar) or even better cocoa powder. To substitute 1 oz of unsweetened chocolate, use 3 Tbsp of dry cocoa + 2 Tbsp of sugar + 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.


Because of the sensitivity of milk solids to heat, milk and white chocolates should be stirred almost constantly while dark chocolate need only be stirred frequently during melting.


Store chocolate in a cool dry place (below 75°F, if possible), but not in the refrigerator. At higher temperatures, the cocoa butter melts and rises to the surface. When this happens, the chocolate develops a pale, gray color called “bloom.” This condition, however, does not affect the chocolate's flavor or quality.




Get a 14-day FREE trial to Rhapsody

1 comments:

Unknown February 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Your blog makes me want to grab some chocolate!! Yum!! Thanks for the tips :)
Found you through the Entrecard Mr Linky on Sited and Blogged

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com