-->

What's New

Chocolate Chip-Popcorn Bars

Yes, while illegal in many areas (thigh area, hip area...), this is a recipe from a former entrant to the Pillsbury Bakeoff. Fran Neavoll, Salem, OR., Bake-Off® Contest 41, 2004
Chocolate Chip-Popcorn Bars


INGREDIENTS
Crust
1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
4Nature Valley® oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box), crushed*
Topping
3 1/2cups miniature marshmallows
1bag (3.5 oz) butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
2/3cup light corn syrup
1/4cup butter or margarine
1bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
1cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
1.
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed granola bars. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
2.Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
3.Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in popcorn (mixture will be thick). Spoon over marshmallows; spread evenly to just barely cover marshmallows. Cool 30 minutes.
4.In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once halfway through microwaving, until melted. Pour melted chocolate into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
*To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake crust 13 to 18 minutes.

14 comments:

Heather March 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Stopping by from SITS and oh-my-goodness, I do believe I'll stay awhile. That chocolate bar looks so sinful ... ahh ... YUM!!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Stopping in from SITS! I LOVE CHOCOLATE! I am subscribing.

Sarah March 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Oh NO! I have to try this recipe. :-) It was good to see you today at my blog. ...off to eat my piece of black forest cake. You've made me hungry.

Tiffany March 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

Those look really good! How interesting that the crust is made in part from granola bars.

Debie Napoleon March 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Stopping by from SITS - Great blog and now I am hungry!

Cammie March 25, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Hi back at you.....and YUM!!

Cher March 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I thought I'd return the favor and boy, oh, boy...am I glad I did! These bars look absolutely amazing. They are next on my list of "to make"! Thank you!

Tabitha Blue March 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

That looks delish!! Wow, thanks for sharing the recipe!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

The Chocoholic March 26, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
iluv2deal14u March 26, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Hi.
I'm stopping by from SITS to say Hello!

Great Post!

Call Me Cate March 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Oh my, these look like heaven. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog so I could come find this... Yum!

Lora March 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Thanks for visiting me today! I'm very afraid of exploring any more of your blog though...is it possible to gain weight just by SEEING the chocolaty goodness?

Jaden Paige March 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Those sound DELICIOUS! I will have to try them... NOM NOM NOM!

Thanks for stopping by! Your blog seems like a very naughty temptation! Bwahaha!

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com