-->

What's New

Facts about Fairtrade....

Cadbury has announced that its Cadbury Dairy Milk will receive Fairtrade certification with the FAIRTRADE Mark;

Cadbury Chief Executive, Todd Stitzer, says, "This is an historic moment for our company. I am proud that the nation's favourite chocolate bar will display the FAIRTRADE Mark. I was in Ghana last month and saw how vital it is that businesses support their partners and the communities they live in. We believe that by joining forces with the Fairtrade Foundation, we can further improve living standards and conditions for farmers and farming communities, and create a sustainable supply of high quality cocoa for Cadbury.

Throughout the world, Cadbury has a heritage of ethical sourcing standards and the development of sustainable agriculture programs. Cadbury works with more than 40,000 suppliers around the world who are expected to adhere to the company's Ethical Sourcing Standards. The Green & Black's Maya Gold bar owned by Cadbury is already Fairtrade Certified.

Cadbury is focused on reducing its environmental impact. Through the Purple Goes Green initiative announced in July 2007, the company set targets to reduce carbon, water and packaging. By 2020, the company intends to make a 50% reduction in 'absolute' carbon emissions with a 10% reduction in packaging by 2010. The company has also introduced several new packaging innovations, including a new display case for products such as Trident Xtra Care, using 50% less cardboard.


For more information about all of Cadbury's corporate responsibility commitments, please visit http://www.dearcadbury.com/.

About Fairtrade:
Ensuring a quality supply
By guaranteeing farmers a fair and sustainable price, Fair Trade allows cocoa farmers to invest in post-harvest techniques that bring out the individual flavors of the particular cocoa-growing region. Fair Trade cocoa beans aren't "faceless" cocoa beans bought on an international exchange, but beans that can be traced back to an individual cooperative and even individual farmers.


Fair Trade Certified chocolate is available from 10 origins, including Ghana, Ecuador, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic. More than 42,000 Fair Trade cocoa farmers are earning a fair price for their high quality crop.

To many people, fairtrade is important.

8 comments:

Melanie March 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! For reason, I'm really wanting some chocolate now. hehe

Anonymous,  March 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I had no idea about Cadbury being so socially conscience.

Makes me love them even more.

I love their mini eggs. They're my all time favorite candy.

Unknown March 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Chocolate, yummy blog! I lived in England for 2 years and I love Cadbury's chocolate.

~pen~ March 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

You are a goil afta moy owwn haaht. Love me some choclate! Thanks for saying Hi too...I woulda never known about those chocolate french toasts. mmmm....gonna try it tomorrow morning for sure. :) have a great weekend love. :)

Jennifer@woodleycottage March 13, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Hey Anna, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I Love yours! I am a huge chocolate addict. If you are ever in San Antonio, Texas, look me up. We have a restaurant dedicated to chocolate called Coco's. sweets, savory and beverages. It's wonderful.
Have a great day!

Alexis AKA MOM March 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Wow that is really interesting! Thanks so much for sharing :).

I roll called under you!

Alexis @ Running Away

I have a palmolive giveaway going if you would like to stop by ;) my Running Away? ... I'll help you pack blog.

Green March 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

MMMmmm Cadbury!
thanks for stopping~have a great wknd yourself.
I wish I hadn't gained 10lbs, I'd try that choc. french toast....

Jen March 14, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

You're blog is SO cute!! I too LOVE Chocolate!! Thanks for stopping by and entering our FFFF contest!! It's going to be a really FUN week!!

Jen

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com