-->

What's New

LA TIMES:Green velvet cupcakes


Green velvet cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day

Sprinkles' Green Velvet CupcakeMove over, red velvet, there's a new cupcake fad -- at least temporarily. For only five days beginning this Friday, Sprinkles will be offering two limited edition, St. Patrick's Day-themed cupcakes.

The green velvet cupcake is a dyed green version of Sprinkles' Southern-style chocolate cake topped with cream cheese frosting. TheBailey's Irish chocolate cupcake features Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with cream cheese frosting dosed with Bailey's and topped with a fondant shamrock. $3.25 each; available Friday to St. Patrick's Day. 

10 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography March 15, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

i adore red velvet cupcakes, absolutely my favorite ever. thank you for the excuse to now make them for st. patty's day!

Michelle March 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Thanks for dropping by my 365 photo a day blog! I am enjoying looking over your blog. The chocolate waffle recipe looks like something I will have to try.

Michelle March 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

I meant french toast. DUH!

~pen~ March 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

hmm, that gives me an idea to make my own green cupcakes. move over sprinkles, penz is gonna bake. :) there are no sprinkles here. :(

Tami (Pixeltrash) March 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

I never really understood the attraction to red velvet cake. Isn't it just red food coloring that gives it its color? Now that Bailey's cupcake sounds like something I would go for! YUMMY!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures March 18, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Oh my gosh! I LOOVE red velvet cake, and my husband is of Irish heritage. Of course, I love Bailey's, so these cupcake sound right up my alley! YUMMY!

Laura March 19, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

CUTE!!! I've never seen green velvet cupcakes.

Just popped in from SITS to say hi.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum March 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Hi. Visting from SITS. Those cupcakes look yummy. I love choc too.

Bethany March 20, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

I loooove red velvet cakes, but that just looks, well, strange! Not that I totally wouldn't try it!!! :D

Post a Comment


Awards

Who am I?

Hi.
My name is Anna.
I am a HUGE lover of Chocolate.
I eat it, I research it, and I live by it.

By day I am a dietician, ironically as it may seem.
By night, I am obsessed with the various aspects related to chocolate.

A Day Without Chocolate is like a day without Sunshine.

Anna

Bloggers are cool.....



This site was recently updated by CreativeBlogMe.com