Chili con Cocoa
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1-1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
* 2 lbs. ground turkey
* 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 7 cups canned whole tomatoes, undrained, unsalted
* 1-1/3 cups tomato paste, unsalted
* 1 cup water
* 3 oz. HERSHEY'S EXTRA DARK Dark Chocolate
* 3 cups dark red kidney beans, undrained
1. Heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until tender. Add meat, cook until brown. Drain.
2. Stir in cocoa, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, allspice, cinnamon, tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Add chocolate pieces and beans; simmer 30 minutes.
3. Ladle chili (about 1 cup) into bowl; garnish as desired. 14 servings.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 270, Total Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 350mg, Total Carbohydrate: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 18g, Vitamin A: 20% DV*, Vitamin C: 30% DV*, Calcium: 10% DV*, Iron: 25% DV*
*%DV= % Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet