Grab your favorite sundae dish and celebrate HERSHEY'S Syrup Month throughout July! We've gathered our best chocolate syrup recipes, along with fantastic family activities, to help you create your own summer fun all month long.
- CRUMB CRUST(recipe follows)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Syrup, chilled
- 3/4 cup milk
- VANILLA FILLING(recipe follows)
- Additional HERSHEY'S Syrup(optional)
1. Prepare CRUMB CRUST.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan; let stand 2 minutes. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add syrup, gelatin mixture and milk; blend well. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds from spoon, about 20 minutes.
4. Spoon one-half chocolate mixture into prepared crust; top with one-half VANILLA FILLING. Repeat procedure, ending with spoonfuls of VANILLA FILLING on top. Using knife or metal spatula, gently swirl through dessert. Cover; refrigerate several hours until set. Serve with additional syrup, if desired. 10 to 12 servings.
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand 1 minute. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly. Combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl; beat until slightly thickened. Gradually add gelatin mixture; beat until stiff.
CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers) and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine in medium bowl. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan or 10-inch pie plate. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.